Thursday, May 26, 2011

Big City, Bright Lights

Last week Meg came to visit ME in Long Island.  Ok, not really just me, her fiance Spencer is out here too, so she may have come to visit him also.

We were brave & decided to drive to Manhattan. Two out-of-town girls driving in the big apple....Yikes! Let me just tell you, NYC is a chaotic mess of traffic and pedestrians. I don't know how I managed to not hit another car or person, but luckily we survived and made it to Time Square.
I loved seeing all the jumbo screens & looking at all the billboards of broadways I hope to see one day.
And the SHOPPING. Oh the shopping! 34th Street, Broadway, Fashion Ave, 5th Ave....glorious.
We also walked over to the Rockefeller Plaza.
And I made friends with these nice ladies from Korea.

After non-stop shopping, walking and eating some amazing pizza, we headed back to the car. We walked several blocks in the wrong direction but finally made it to the truck just as the sun was setting. Here we are braving the crazy city night traffic. We survived. But next time I go to the city, I'm making Dave drive!

No comments: